Transart Academy Summer Certificate Program
Guest artists and curators attend the summer certificate program to get a creative surge, revitalize their practice, get a fresh perspective on their work, experiment in a protected, supportive environment or to take their work in a new direction. Invited guests are typically mid-career artists and curators who wish to join graduate and doctoral students in workshops, lectures, critiques, exhibitions, and events. Guests have the opportunity to become members of the international Transartist Collective. Transart can also help you design a self-study program post-Certificate and support your praxis in the year to follow or advise you on an MFA or PhD proposal. Propose your own course of studies, including regular crit groups, advisors, proposal development and preparatory work for any of our academic programs.
Transart Summer Residency Certificate Program
• Get a creative surge, revitalize your practice, show in Berlin, make international connections, and optionally get support and input for a year-long independent project.
• Transart Summer Academy will take place in the spacious, beautiful, fully equipped, dance and performance spaces and excellent cafe at Ufer Studios in Berlin with exhibitions, performance and time-based events occuring on the weekends at Somos Art Space.
• Residency will take place in conjunction with the Transart Triennale 2016 (August 5th-7th, Uferstudios)
• Choose elective workshops, either studio or theory. Respond to projects, exercises or assignments and experiment in any media you choose in any course.
• Optionally present your work to the school body for feedback as well as in small groups. Make connections with Berlin curators when you choose one curator for a full afternoon critique in small groups followed by intros and reception with five other curators working in the local scene.
• Optionally choose up to three faculty, guests or advisors for individual meetings to review your work and project plans.
• Optionally propose a year long independent project, get one on one feedback with faculty and guests and continue with your critique group throughout the year ahead to sustain your practice (by invitation).
• Weekday morning yoga, evening talks from artists, theorists, curators, and guests throughout.
Transart people (faculty, guests, students) > more
Travel info here
TRANSART INSTITUTE (Ti) is small, responsive and agile. We are an independent, utopian art school without geographic location offering accredited creative practice graduate studies. Our students and faculty—from all over the planet—meet each year for a few weeks in the summer and winter in Berlin and New York as we continue to work wherever we live supported by advisors, student-run critique groups and the Ti community.
phone: +1 (347) 410 9905